- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit/220 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet (baking tray) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or on a work surface, use your hands or tongs to toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil, a generous pinch of salt and a good grind of pepper. Arrange asparagus in the paper-lined pan, spaced well apart, and roast, shaking the pan occasionally, until asparagus is soft and starting to brown in places, 8 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan.
- In a small or medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until foamy. Add almonds and fry, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes (reduce heat as needed to prevent scorching). Pour almonds and butter evenly over asparagus.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the pan and heat over high heat. Once hot, add the capers and fry, stirring continuously, until they have opened up and become crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove capers from the oil and sprinkle over the asparagus. Add dill. Using tongs or two spoons, mix gently to combine, transfer to a large plate and serve warm
Biodynamic Apple Muffins
1-2 Biodynamic Apples
200 g Biodynamic Sifted Wheat Flour
3 Biodynamic Eggs
130 g Organic Butter
80 g Organic Raw Sugar
1 tbsp Australian Gluten Free Baking Powder
Pinch Organic Mixed Spice
Pinch Salt - Local Pink Lake
Makes 16 mini muffins
1. Preheat oven to 180'c & grease with butter muffin tin / silicon moulds
2. Add to mixing bowl flour, eggs, butter, sugar, baking powder, salt and beat for 30 sec
* If mixing by hand -
*cream butter & sugar
*Blend eggs in
*mix in dry ingredients - just until mixed
3. Put mixture into muffin tin / silicon moulds
4. Peel halve & quarter apples to remove core and pips. Thinly slice quarters and arrange 3 of them on top of each muffin.
5. Sprinkle a tiny bit of Organic Mixed Spice on each muffin.
6. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown around edges. Test with a knife, if it comes out clean it is cooked. * Larger muffins will need longer.
Pop onto a cooling rack
Store in a container / jar in fridge ( option to put a hand towel into the jar to absorb any moisture)
Great for freezing
Cook a double batch !
⭐ 2 ingredients
✔50g Organic or Biodynamic fresh stonemilled wholegrain wholemeal flour
(Rye flour stays moist & firm)
✔1 jar - a 1litre jar is safe
✔1 tea towel / piece of material
⭐Sterilize the jar with boiling water.
✔Add flour and water to the jar and mix well.
✔Repeat daily for 8 ish days
✔Leave uncovered for 2 ish days to capture the atmophere in your house
✔Cover with material on 3 day
✔When bubbling - It is now ready to use.
*Use filtered water
or fill a bottle with water and leave it for an hour before using.
Put a bottle on the bench for the following days.
*When you make the bread leave an hour before you add the salt.
*Bread recipies use about 100g of the starter.
*To halt the fermentation close the jar and put it in the fridge.
*Start feeding it again before you use it.