- Heat oven to 425 degrees Fahrenheit/220 degrees Celsius. Line a baking sheet (baking tray) with parchment paper.
- In a large bowl or on a work surface, use your hands or tongs to toss the asparagus with 1 tablespoon oil, a generous pinch of salt and a good grind of pepper. Arrange asparagus in the paper-lined pan, spaced well apart, and roast, shaking the pan occasionally, until asparagus is soft and starting to brown in places, 8 to 12 minutes, depending on thickness. Remove from oven and set aside in the pan.
- In a small or medium saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat until foamy. Add almonds and fry, stirring frequently, until golden brown, 1 to 2 minutes (reduce heat as needed to prevent scorching). Pour almonds and butter evenly over asparagus.
- Add remaining 2 tablespoons oil to the pan and heat over high heat. Once hot, add the capers and fry, stirring continuously, until they have opened up and become crisp, 1 to 2 minutes.
- Using a slotted spoon, remove capers from the oil and sprinkle over the asparagus. Add dill. Using tongs or two spoons, mix gently to combine, transfer to a large plate and serve warm
Vegan Chocolate Black Bean Cake
400g Tinned organic black beans- use drained beans
14 organic pitted Medjool dates
1 cup organic raw cacao powder
4 tbsp organic potato flour
2 tbsp organic coconut oil
0.5 cup organic oat milk - sub Almond etc if Gluten Free
0.5 tsp salt - local Pink Lake
1 tsp Gluten Free baking powder
80g organic raw vegan dark chocolate
Extra texture - Add 1 1/2 cup Organic Walnuts through this cake.
1. Mix all of the ingredients except from the dark chocolate.
2. Pour the dough into a form.
3. Bake in the oven for 30 minutes (175 degrees)
4. Melt the dark chocolate and cover the cake.
5. Let the cake set for one hour before serving.
Biodynamic Apple Muffins
1-2 Biodynamic Apples
200 g Biodynamic Sifted Wheat Flour
3 Biodynamic Eggs
130 g Organic Butter
80 g Organic Raw Sugar
1 tbsp Australian Gluten Free Baking Powder
Pinch Organic Mixed Spice
Pinch Salt - Local Pink Lake
Makes 16 mini muffins
1. Preheat oven to 180'c & grease with butter muffin tin / silicon moulds
2. Add to mixing bowl flour, eggs, butter, sugar, baking powder, salt and beat for 30 sec
* If mixing by hand -
*cream butter & sugar
*Blend eggs in
*mix in dry ingredients - just until mixed
3. Put mixture into muffin tin / silicon moulds
4. Peel halve & quarter apples to remove core and pips. Thinly slice quarters and arrange 3 of them on top of each muffin.
5. Sprinkle a tiny bit of Organic Mixed Spice on each muffin.
6. Cook for 10-12 minutes or until slightly brown around edges. Test with a knife, if it comes out clean it is cooked. * Larger muffins will need longer.
Pop onto a cooling rack
Store in a container / jar in fridge ( option to put a hand towel into the jar to absorb any moisture)
Great for freezing
Cook a double batch !
⭐ 2 ingredients
✔50g Organic or Biodynamic fresh stonemilled wholegrain wholemeal flour
(Rye flour stays moist & firm)
✔1 jar - a 1litre jar is safe
✔1 tea towel / piece of material
⭐Sterilize the jar with boiling water.
✔Add flour and water to the jar and mix well.
✔Repeat daily for 8 ish days
✔Leave uncovered for 2 ish days to capture the atmophere in your house
✔Cover with material on 3 day
✔When bubbling - It is now ready to use.
*Use filtered water
or fill a bottle with water and leave it for an hour before using.
Put a bottle on the bench for the following days.
*When you make the bread leave an hour before you add the salt.
*Bread recipies use about 100g of the starter.
*To halt the fermentation close the jar and put it in the fridge.
*Start feeding it again before you use it.